Youth Talent Contest Rules
*No Entry Fee All Contestants Must Pay Gate Admission*
Signups begin April 7th
Deadline is August 12th
Any questions regarding this contest-Please call Mikki Norwood at 865-696-7290
1. Age limits are 13-21, inclusive, as of August 13, 2016
2. This contest is not open to professionals. Professional is defined as anyone who is a union member, has a professional manager or whose principle and supporting income is derived from performing.
3. This contest is not open to baton twirlers or similar acts using batons or machetes. No fire will be allowed on the stage during this competition.
4. In any vocal category, instrumental accompaniment by the persons in the act or others is allowed, but must assume the pure character of accompaniment. The test shall be whether the performance would stand if the accompaniment were removed. NO vocal utterance may be used accompaniment by contestants in any vocal category. NO VOCAL BACKGROUNDS ALLOWED ON CD’S
5. In an instrumental solo, live instrumental accompaniment is allowed, but must assume the pure character of accompaniment. The test shall be the solo performance would stand alone if the accompaniment were removed. No instrument of the same nature may be used for accompaniment.
6. In a band, no accompaniment is allowed. All performers must meet the age qualifications of the Jefferson County Fair Youth Talent Contest.
7. In any dance, accompanists are permitted on stage, but must not assume visual importance in the performance.
8. In a group act, all persons assuming visual importance in the act must meet the age qualifications of the Jefferson County Fair Youth Talent Contest.
9. Any act may drop a member as listed on the entry form, but MAY NOT ADD OR REPLACE any member listed on the form.
10. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT AN ACT SHOULD RUN NO MORE THAN 3 MINUTES AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES RUM MORE THAN 4 MINUTES. ANY ACT RUNNING MORE THAN 4 MINUTES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. THIS INCLUDES BANDS. AN OFFICIAL TIMER WILL BE PRESENT AT THE CONTEST.
11. All contestants will use only the lighting system provided.
12. All contestants, excluding bands, will use only the sound system and the sound operator as provided. Bands may use their own amps.
13. All music for accompaniment must be on CD and be of the HIGHEST QUALITY. Please also bring a backup CD.
14. No teachers or parents will be allowed on stage during the contest.
15. Only one (1) person other than those visible on stage will be allowed backstage with each act. This includes all parents and teachers.
16. Contestants may make changes in their act prior to the Jefferson County Fair as long as those changesĀ will not result in a change of category.
17. Maximum number of contestants will be 25 (first 25 to submit an application will be allowed to compete).
1st Place —- $250.00
2nd Place —-$150.00
3rd Place —-$75.00
517total visits,3visits today