People’s Choice for all categories. This will be done the day of each pageant. The crowd can vote for
their favorite for a $1 a vote. Money can be collected ahead of time for those who would like to
support contestants that cannot attend pageant and turned in the day of the pageant. Winners will be
awarded in each category.
1. All pageant divisions are open to residents of any county with the exception of the Fairest of the
Fair. The Fairest of the Fair competition is open only to the residents of Jefferson County, Grainger
County, and Hamblen County.
2. Each “Fairest of the Fair” contestant must have reached her 16th birthday by the pageant date and
must not have reached her 21st birthday by December 31, 2023.
3. “Fairest of the Fair” contestants must never have previously competed in the State Fairest of the
Fair competition for ANY county.
4. “Fairest of the Fair” and Teen Miss Contestants must wear long pageant gowns: exposed midriffs
are NOT allowed. Flowers will not be worn during competitions unless as a part of the program.
5. All age divisions 15 and under Summer attire only. NO PAGEANT GOWNS. Contestants will be
disqualified if pageant gown is worn. NO GLITZ age appropriate make up.
6. Contestants will be judged on beauty, poise, and personality. Side Awards for Hair, Eyes, Smile,
Attire, Personality and Photogenic are judged separately. Photo MUST be submitted NO photos on cells
7. Last Day to enter (NO EXCEPTIONS) all fees (NON-REFUNDABLE): July 2, 2023 Fairest of the Fair
fee $30. All other divisions fee $20. All side awards $30 or $5 each available at door day of pageant
8. Any contestant found guilty of misconduct by the pageant committee or judges is subject to a
penalty . All judges’ decisions are FINAL. ALL concerns, suggestions, or complaints must be submitted
in writing for the pageant committee’s consideration.
9. The Jefferson County Fair Association will not be held liable for any damages that may occur to a
contestant’s pageant apparel, accessories, or personal belongings during the competition or
10. The Jefferson County Fair Association will not be held liable for lost or stolen articles during the
competition or competition activities.
11. The contestants for all female divisions MUST have always been of female gender and contestants
for all male divisions MUST have always been of male gender.
12. A contestant CANNOT compete if she has been married or had a child.
13. A contestant or winner will be disqualified and not be allowed to participate in the local or state
pageant if she is involved in ANY controversy or matter which would be a question of character such
as but not exclusive to truancy from school, probation and arrest for any manner if found guilty.
14. Previous winners will not be eligible to compete in the same division. This does not apply runners-
15. The winner of the “Fairest of the Fair” MUST be willing and able to attend the State competition in
Nashville as the Jefferson County Fair Association representative January 2024.The winner and
chaperone will be sponsored for the State Fairest of the Fair competition by the Jefferson County Fair
Association. Chaperon and Contestant will be responsible for their own transportation to the
Convention and all other required events.
16. The reigning “Fairest of the Fair” will be required to meet with the Pageant Coach and committee
prior to going to Nashville. The Pageant Coach and committee will approve all wardrobe, hair, and
makeup for competition at their discretion. Failure to meet this obligation will result in relinquishing
the crown to the first runner-up. It will be the responsibility of reigning Fairest to obtain any
pageantry coaching for the State Convention.
17. The newly crowned “Fairest of the Fair” each year becomes a representative of the Jefferson
County Fair Association. Therefore, the reigning Fairest shall remain nonpartisan while wearing her
crown or sash on the fair grounds and not become an advertisement for commercial or political gain.
18. The reigning “Fairest of the Fair “ will be required to attend certain events at the Jefferson County
Fair and the community throughout her reign, as deemed necessary by the Pageant Coach, pageant
committee and fair board. Appropriate attire and appearance will be expected with crown and sash to
worn at all events which she represents the Jefferson County Fair Association. Fairest of the Fair and
all other sister Queens will be responsible for arranging/scheduling and attending community and
school functions as well as submitting pictures and write ups for paper and pageant committee to be
posted. Fairest of the Fair contestants will be required to sign a contract at rehearsal agreeing to the
event attendance requirement and community service hours. The reigning “Fairest of the Fair” will be
responsible for hosting the “Fairest Tea” as well as coordinating rehearsals and opening number for
the current year pageant.
19. The winner of the “Fairest of the Fair” will receive a $1000 scholarship award for continued
education. Proof of continued education enrollment will be required, as well as a 3.0 GPA. Should the
winner fail to provide proof of enrollment the scholarship will be forfeited and rolled over to the next
year’s winner. To receive the scholarship, a high school winner will be required to maintain a 3.0 GPA
throughout her reign. She is required to provide proof of continued education enrollment after her
graduation from high school. Also, 60 hours of community service must be completed prior to the
Fairest of The Fair’s reign to receive their $1,000 scholarship check. The scholarship will be awarded in
two (2) $500.00 disbursements with proof of enrollment and with GPA of 3.0.
20. One adult only will be permitted with the contestant in dressing room at all times. Due to limited
21. The contestant and ONE ADULT will be admitted to the Jefferson Middle School on Monday and
Fair Grounds on Tuesday free. Contestants and one (1) adult MUST enter the Fairgrounds through the
gate on Universal Road to receive free entry into the pageant on Tuesday. Admission on Monday is $5
per person cash only. Children 3 years and under free.
22. Fairest of the Fair contestants MUST attend scheduled rehearsals and Tea.
23. Judges for pageants do not acknowledge contestants until pageant interviews or judging time and
are unbiased, qualified judge. Any contestant related to a fair board member or who are on the fair
board, will be eligible for competing and are treated as an equal contestant with no knowledge of
current pageant details until released to the public. All registrations and requirements must be met as
24. Payments for all optional side awards (prettiest eyes, prettiest hair, prettiest smile, prettiest
dress/best dressed, best personality and most photogenic) are due day of the pageant (this is in
addition to the entry fee). All photos must be picked up the night of the pageant. The fair will not be
responsible for unclaimed photos.
Pageant questions may be emailed (email@example.com) or texting/calling anytime to
Loretta Rummel at 423-618-0248